[theme-reviewers] Review-Continuation Tickets, and Reviewing Previous Tickets

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Jan 7 17:45:12 UTC 2013

I would definitely like to see more emphasis directly on *required* issues,
and less on recommended/subjective issues. Especially for a complete and
thorough review, while it is always helpful to mention *recommended* items,
and other suggestions from the Reviewer, we need to ensure that we are very
clear and explicit on which *REQUIRED* issues have kept the Theme from
being approved, and must be addressed for approval.

We've not tried to dictate a certain format for the review comments (again:
doing so usually just yields more needless bureaucracy), but I would
recommend that all Reviewers, at a minimum, include a bulleted list,
clearly indicated as "Required Issues", of the items that fail a *required*
criterion in the Guidelines. That way, the Theme developer knows exactly
what issues to address in order to pass the review process.

Thanks,

Chip