[theme-reviewers] Question about child theming

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 20:43:25 UTC 2013

Why don't we require that all functions be wrapped in if ( !
function_exists( 'function_name') ) : wrappers? It seems to me like
requiring this would make child themeing easier as a all functions from a
parent theme could be easily over ridden from a child theme. Yes, I realize
you can use remove_action and remove_filter but what about functions not
hooked to filters or actions?

I'm wondering if there is a reason for this or if my logic is flawed.

Thanks,
Josh