[theme-reviewers] Can we use Isotope?

Dane Morgan dane at danemorganmedia.com
Mon Aug 19 13:01:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-19 00:11, Otto wrote:
> However, open source does not mean "free of charge". A thing can be
> commercial and also open-source. In which case his licensing terms
> contradict themselves.
Not really, it's an or clause.  You can use it in an open commercial
project but not a closed commercial product.

The one thing that is an issue is when people add this commercial
clause, there isn't any clear meaning to it. Is commercial use simply
building a theme for that you will sell, or is it also using the source
on a site from which you sell.

Allowing themes to include these kinds of clauses, where the intent of
the statement really isn't clear, pushes that potential liability of on
people who don't even know the issue exists. I would never use something
with that kind of clause in a client's site for that reason.