[theme-reviewers] Sidebars/Widgets Aren't Required...

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Sun Aug 18 20:51:42 UTC 2013

One-column themes are reasonably common.  Of course, some of those
support footer widgets.  The theme I'm working on now doesn't support
widgets at all.

Also, just for reference, we specifically got this pushed into WP 3.5 so
that we could allow themes to not support dynamic sidebars without
confusing users (removes Widgets screen if theme doesn't support widgets):
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21761

I agree that this should be "recommended" in Theme Check.