[theme-reviewers] Coding Standard

Thomas from ThemeZee contact at themezee.com
Tue Apr 30 09:07:00 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

in my opinion the Guidelines should clearly point out that Shortcodes and
Custom Post Types are not allowed to use in themes. This is a point where
both reviewers and theme authors often stumble over.

I know we have the passage: "Since the purpose of Themes is to define the
presentation of user content, Themes must not be used to define the
generation of user content, or to define Theme-independent site options or
functionality."

But most people misinterpret this passage or overread it or maybe don't
realize what it means - I don't know - but we had the discussion about
Shortcodes and CPTs a lot lateley. I had to ask about it a few weeks ago
and I have contributed some themes to the directory a long time before.

The Guidelines already contain a clear phrase that TimThumb is not allowed,
I would suggest that there is a similiar phrase in the Guidelines which
forbid shortcodes and CPTs.

Best Regards,
Thomas