No subject

Fri Sep 28 14:53:50 UTC 2012

"Commercial versions of free Themes must not lock core WordPress
features behind the commercial paywall."

Custom backgrounds are a core WordPress feature. It's literally just a
couple extra lines of code to add that feature to pretty much any
theme. Leaving that out of the free theme and only putting it in the
pay theme is, indeed, rather unacceptable from that viewpoint.

Stuff that you put in the pay-version of the theme should be
functionality you've developed yourself and such. True upgrades.
Custom backgrounds are so easy to do that they're virtually a given in
a free theme.

-Otto