[theme-reviewers] pluggable functions

Kirk Wight kwight at kwight.ca
Sat Oct 27 20:01:19 UTC 2012

Pluggable functions are pretty cool (particularly when you haven't got your
head around hooks yet), because you can change anything very easily. The
downside being, of course, you can change entire functions very easily.

I believe Core in general has backed away from pluggable functions in
favour of hooks (Core's only pluggable functions are now deprecated),
making me feel like we should encourage the same.

Does anyone know of any trouble that can come from having everything in
functions.php pluggable, including functions on hooks?