[theme-reviewers] Licensing question

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 10:54:24 UTC 2012

No, it doesn't mean that. The author would need to specify a new
license in order for that to be true. What they said was semantically
null -- "If you abide by the license I released it under, there's no
problem" essentially. Well, that wasn't the question at hand.

By releasing this theme with a CC-BY license, you would be obligating
all users of the theme to abide by the licenses it was released under.
Since it's GPL[-compatible] or bust for the repo, we can't do it.

IANALBIPOOTV.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Vicky Arulsingam
<vicky.arulsingam at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the ticket I reviewed I found that the image being used in the header is
> licensed under CC-BY-2.0 and is not compatible with GPL.
>
> The theme author contacted the owner of the image and they've said:
> "If you abide by the attribution requirement in CC-BY you can use it for
> whatever."
>
> Does that still mean the image can be licensed under GPL or is it still
> CC-By and as such incompatible?
> *I feel a headache coming on*
>
> Ticket URL: http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9666
>
> -----