[theme-reviewers] Ticket recheck by Admin

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Mar 12 19:05:17 UTC 2012

I think it is sound to require all Themes to use their own public
namespace. Obviously, a Child Theme would by necessity use the Parent
Theme's namespace where appropriate. But in these cases, we're talking
about derivative - i.e. forked - Themes.

We currently require derivatives of Twenty Ten/Twenty Twelve to use their
own namespace for function names, hooks, etc. I see no reason to treat
Underscores derivatives any differently.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Chip