[theme-reviewers] content_width in variable-width themes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Jan 26 00:34:31 UTC 2012

I'm unaware why it wouldn't be acceptable?

The Guideline is to *define* $content_width; the intent is that the defined
$content_width is appropriate for the design of the Theme. In other words,
the default assumption is that the Theme is defined for a specific width,
and then defines a (static) value for $content_width, accordingly.

In other words: making $content_width dynamic is the *exception*, rather
than the rule.

Chip