[theme-reviewers] quick help testing a theme

Michael Fields michael at mfields.org
Sun Jan 22 22:15:31 UTC 2012

Kirk,
> I've never come across a situation like this. If the errors are not
> always replicable, would we give the submitter the benefit of the
> doubt and approve the theme? Or maybe require some sort of YMMV
> notice? Frankly, I want to simply require the changes that I know will
> fix it for our localhost situation, but that seems weird to insist a
> submitter change code for errors that can't always be reproduced.
Both of our local installations should take precedence over the live
server IMHO. If the theme is throwing notices and errors like this, it
is grounds for a failure as far as I know. php.ini can be configured to
log errors instead of displaying them inline. Have you checked the error
logs on your live server like Simon suggested?

- Mike