[theme-reviewers] How to get a theme featured?

Trent Lapinski trent at cyberchimps.com
Sat Feb 25 22:05:41 UTC 2012

http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6302

"Two quick notes for you: Please consider the new PageLines? Framework for a 'featured' theme on the directory. Article on the "PageLines? Store" on Techcrunch:  http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/04/pagelines-to-launch-an-app-store-for-wordpress-drag-drop-sections-plugins-and-themes/"

It appears a special request was made, and the grounds for which is they had a TechCrunch article written about them. The PageLines theme is now featured despite the fact it is now the only upsell theme featured and has no history on .org.

I see why or how it is fair that they can become featured especially when you consider the fact that the PageLines theme has its own closed-garden priority store and plugin system that doesn't use WordPress's core plugin or theme functionality.

It seems very counterintuitive for WordPress.org to promote a paid closed-garden theme.

I'm not asking for special treatment or anything, but I don't understand why PageLines is getting special treatment especially when you consider their history.

--Trent Lapinski
CEO of CyberChimps LLC
trent at cyberchimps.com
Mobile (714) 904-4280