[theme-reviewers] explicit license statements for binaries

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Feb 10 14:41:06 UTC 2012

Say a Theme includes header images (.jpg, .gif, .png... whatever): those
files, as-is, are editable, using an appropriate image editor (Photoshop,
GIMP, whatever).

I think that anything beyond that is probably beyond the scope of the
WPTRT, because it gets far too subjective regarding the "preferred"
human-editable version of a file. Bear in mind: we're not talking about
compiled executables, but rather non-executable binary blobs. (Well,
*usually* they're non-executable; we've seen some... inventive hacks
submitted to the repository before.)

Chip