[theme-reviewers] explicit license statements for binaries

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Feb 10 00:44:49 UTC 2012

The main question is: who holds the *copyright* on the binaries in
question, and is the *copyright holder's license* explicit?

if the Theme dev has created all of the binaries (images, etc.) in the
Theme, then the style.css license declaration is sufficient. If, on the
other hand, the Theme is bundling binaries for which the developer *isn't*
the copyright holder, then the original copyright and license need to be
included explicitly.

Chip