[theme-reviewers] no content or excerpt for photoblog

Kirk Wight kwight at kwight.ca
Sat Apr 28 13:54:28 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm reviewing a theme in which archive views do not use the_content() or
the_excerpt(); they simply show the post's featured image, meaning nothing
if there is not one attached. Weirds me out, but this is the author's
intended behaviour (single views and the main loop include the_content() or
the_excerpt()). It's properly tagged as a photoblogging theme.

I want to say at least stick in the_excerpt() myself... does anyone have a
strong opinion or precedent they've set in a case like this?