[theme-reviewers] #7076 - My first review - some questions

Lucia Dossin lucia at fiveblackcats.com
Sat Apr 7 17:32:22 UTC 2012

Hi there,
I just finished my first review (ticket #7076, Zenon Lite) and I'd like
to check some points with you, the veterans, before I proceed ;) .

Policy Requirements
------------------
- must all icons/graphics have an explicit license or is a general info about License in the readme.txt enough?
- theme has a folder called ie6 where there's a js file with messages asking the user to upgrade their browser. There's no option to disable that in the Admin interface. Is that ok?
- theme has an about.php file, inside admin folder, where theme author lists his facebook, twitter, flickr pages and his website as well. He also displays there a comparison table + link to the Pro version of this Theme. is that ok?
-Theme comes with 3 font options. They are licenced under SIL Open Font License (OFL), I guess that's ok, right?

Theme Check Results
------------------
Theme passed the tests and the following result messages were displayed.
(1)RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.
->My question: should I mention that in the review?

  (2)RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_custom_image_header was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality if using an image for the header.
->My comment on that: No image for the header, so I guess it's ok.

Three more INFO notices were displayed.

Theme Unit Tests
----------------
- If one of the options provided by Theme is checked (Enable Sticky Menu), Blog title rotates 90 degrees as I scroll (Firefox 11). Seems to be a bug. This options is checked by default.

- Post with no title links to error 404 page.

- Long menu doesn't 'break' the site layout but some menu items are displayed out of the menu bar. No mention to menu items limit was found in the readme.txt.

Hope to get some tips from you regarding these topics. A very happy
Easter for those of you who celebrate it!

Thanks,
Lucia Dossin

--
www.fiveblackcats.com