[theme-reviewers] Submitting a One-Page Placeholder Theme

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 20:31:26 UTC 2011

The main difference I see is just from a user perspective.  Personally, if I wanted a landing page I would install WordPress and immediately look for a landing page theme with all of the styling and options I want.  Since the design/look/feel of the site itself is centered around the idea of a landing page it seems logical to me to have it as a theme.  I don't see any reason that it couldn't also be a plugin but plugins in general (for me) are much more difficult to incorporate stylistically to a theme.  Since so much of a landing page is also the stylistic aspect and not functionality it seems like it falls under a theme.

I do agree though that more advanced companies/users may find a plugin much more useful.  With a plugin you could have multiple landing pages and be able to test and track each one.  They could also feed your regular site and match well with your ads.  But I think I have wandered off topic here. My basic thought is just that many more users would find and use specialized WP implementations as themes over plugins.

ryan