[theme-reviewers] Submitting a One-Page Placeholder Theme

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 28 16:51:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> We certainly want "niche" Themes in the repository; however, right now it's
> an infrastructure problem. It's on the long-term list of things to figure
> out how to handle; the problem is the automated uploader. It has no way of
> differentiating between a normal Theme (with all required functionality) and
> a "niche" Theme (with either reduced or extra, non-conventional
> functionality).

This is something easily worked around if needed. However before
working around it, I'd want the reviewers to both review the theme and
work out any issues before I modify things.

Basically, I can upload anything I darned well please and bypass the
checks completely. However, I'd not want to be doing this on a regular
basis. So before I delegate power and make a method to bypass the
normal review checks, I'd want you guys to work out some system to
determine when that's allowed, sort of thing, and to come up with some
kind of review process. Probably I'd make it user-based, so a special
user can get a flag to bypass the checks, but some kind of approval
process would have to exist for that, since we don't want anybody to
be able to do it.

If you want special cases, that's great. Just define what's "special"
about them and I can code it up. :)