[theme-reviewers] Submitting a One-Page Placeholder Theme

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:36:05 UTC 2011

Sara -

Thank you for your interest in having your theme hosted at the WordPress
Extend repository.
Although, for the most part, previously "live" themes may not be a good
benchmarks a quick review of the "Launch" themes you are referencing would
indicate both need to have modifications made before a newer version would
be approved.

As to the issues that you are seeing with the upload script stopping you
from submitting your theme, there is no real manual process for working
around it. I would suggest implementing, perhaps with additional options to
display, all of the functionality your theme's submission report is stating
as "REQUIRED". Once your theme is in Trac we can look further into your
use-case scenarios.

Please keep in mind, the Themes found in the repository are meant to be
potentially used by the community in general, not necessarily by a small
niche group. That being said I would still very much like to see a "Launch"
theme that meets all of the current guidelines in the repository.

Cais.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Sara Chai Butler <sara at launcheffectapp.com