[theme-reviewers] Submitting a One-Page Placeholder Theme

Sara Chai Butler sara at launcheffectapp.com
Fri Oct 28 15:11:25 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I hope this email finds you well!  I was directed here by the moderater for
the Themes and Templates forum, esmi.

I was wondering how to go about submitting a one-page theme to the WordPress
theme repository. The theme is called Launch Effect and it is basically a
placeholder page with email sign-up, unique URL generator, and built-in
statistics and incentive tracking.  It has almost 4,000 downloads and a
dedicated technical support.  The demand for this type of theme, and the
feedback for ours specifically, has been really good and you can see
examples of it in use on our homepage: http://www.launcheffectapp.com.

It includes a robust theme options panel where every aspect of the design
can be customized and a stats panel where users are able to track signups
and conversions (people who shared the site) and export their data.

*TL;DR*
Our one-page theme (http://www.launcheffectapp.com) fails the theme upload
because it's not a blog and has no need for comments or tags, etc... I was
wondering if its possible for a theme with a very specific functionality
like this to be submitted. I can't figure out how the other two launch type
themes were able to upload (these two:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/search.php?q=launch ) because neither of
theme have any kind of blog infrastructure in place.

We'd love to be included in the official theme repository of WordPress and
we thank you in advance for your guidance on this.

Sara

--
Sara Chai Butler
Web Developer