[theme-reviewers] Discussion about make sample data for WordPress theme

YoArts.,JSC admin at yoarts.com
Wed Oct 19 13:07:59 UTC 2011

Hi, i'm theme developer from Yoarts.
We started developing some themes, and we got a problem about make "sample
data" for a WordPress theme.
We are imagine a process:

   - Export sample data with default WordPress tool, then import
*without*images (Because we can put sample images to theme folder and
import later)
   - Export Options (Included widgets, menu position, thumbnail size etc
   ...) then update those options
   - Export Images name (Put all images in a child folder of theme) then
   import and move to upload folder
   - Export and import some Plugin settings

I thing that will be save the times and bandwidth (because don't import
images with sample data)

What do you think about this? Please share with me some experience in this
matter!