[theme-reviewers] Proposed WordPress 3.3 Theme Review Guidelines Revisions

Amy Hendrix sabreuse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:04:16 UTC 2011

I'm a fan of REQUIRED and MUST NOT for anything that we're actually
requiring in the guidelines -- the phrasing "required not" just sounds
wrong to me, and I'm a native English speaker! but whether it's
"required not" or "must not" I strongly feel that requirements
language ought to be unambiguous.

On the other hand, save "it would be nice to" and the like for
discussions of good practice, design, and the like. We have plenty of
room for those when we're interacting with theme authors as human
beings. But requirements in the guidelines are meant to be things that
are pretty cut and dried. You support menus or you don't. You use
TimThumb or you don't...