[theme-reviewers] Proposed WordPress 3.3 Theme Review Guidelines Revisions

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Nov 10 15:52:01 UTC 2011

Again, see this link:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

For simplicity and clarity, the only levels of criticality that we use are:

Required
Recommended
Optional

(We sometimes may refer to "Critical", but that refers to thinks like
security exploits, that generally don't appear in the Guidelines.)

Per this standard:

Required = Must = Shall (and "Required not" = "Must not" = "Shall Not")
Recommended = Should (and "Recommended not" = "Should not")
Optional = May

Any further stratification of criticality would only make the Guidelines
more confusing, and therefore more difficult to which to conform.

Chip