[theme-reviewers] More Review Questions

michael at mfields.org michael at mfields.org
Mon Mar 28 14:16:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

Have a few more questions:

In regards to posts with no titles. Is the lack of a permalink a deal
breaker? Actually, is failing any one of the unit tests a reason to fail a
theme? (I believe that it is, but would like confirmation) The theme I
reviewed is displaying a comment link, but in cases where a user has
disabled comments on a particular post (or has set WordPress to do this
automatically), this would leave the visitor without a direct link to the
post. Is a comment link enough or does there need to be a dedicated call
to get_permalink() or the_permalink() in each post?

Are archive pages required to have a title? Category, Tags, Date(s). I
don't believe that I've read this anywhere, just wondering.

i18n
Is this code ever acceptable in a theme: __('Name'). I'm pretty sure that
the following should be done even if the string exists in WordPress, but
am uncertain to policy: __('Name', 'theme-slug'). Is this subject to fail
or merely a suggestion?

Thanks!
-Mike