[theme-reviewers] Questions

Catherine Whittier whittiercatherine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:45:38 UTC 2011

Hello Out There,

Not sure I'm in the right place with my questions. If I'm not, please
feel free to re-direct me. I have been looking and learning for HOURS
on end... but could really use a personal tip from a voice of
experience now. Can anyone give me a few suggestions? Is Wordpress.com
the right place for me? Can you suggest a theme that will allow me
freedom to do the things below? I want to blog (of course, MY way :).
I don't need to advertise as I will soon have be cooperating with
others on a separate website for sales, so was planning to use the
Wordpress.com option.

I want to be able to do the following things:

-have up to 7 pages

-I want to post slide presentations which I have created. These slide
presentations may contain audio, photo or video, and text. Will I be
able to move those from my computer to my blog - or will they need to
go to YouTube first and then be embedded? I have seen slideshare etc.
in the Wordpress instructions- that format is much simpler than I
need. If I do much of that, will I need to pay for a space upgrade?

-I want to have audio files easily accessible to visitors. I want to
be able to regularly and easily change those. Can they go anywhere in
my content?

-I want to create my own "buttons" (widgets?) and load them on to my
template.

-I want a clean template that I can use my own banner design on-
customize my background, change my column width, and use lots of
pictures of different sizes. I do not know code or html.

-Can music run continually while my blog is open (with an optional way
for my visitors to "turn off" the music)?

Thanks so much for any help or insight you might offer,
Catherine