[theme-reviewers] Question about ob_start and ob_get_clean (Vicky Arulsingam)

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 29 22:15:00 UTC 2011

To put this another way, I already have enough problems with themes
that don't implement basic functionality properly. Adding in
functionality to intentionally break things is a bad idea.

Seriously, I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to
add wp_footer(), or how many broken themes I've had to correct for
users that used a strange custom callback in wp_list_comments, or
themes that make their own broken custom login page, or themes not
using the comment_form()... Frankly, it's maddening. Make your theme
compatible with as much as possible. Don't try to get all clever about
it.

When plugins don't work, the users blame the plugin, even when it's
the theme's fault.