[theme-reviewers] Note to theme reviewers about settings in themes

Angelo Bertolli angelo.bertolli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:03:55 UTC 2011

On 6/12/2011 10:59 PM, Syahir Hakim wrote:
> I don't think it's only the theme reviewers who are installing and
> trying a lot of themes. It is not unusual at all for regular or
> first-timer WP users to try a lot of themes before they settle on one
> that they really like. Trying more than 10 themes is quite normal for a
> first-timer WP user, I think, and some of my theme users even reported
> that they've tried 40+ themes.

It sounds like WP should have a way of forcing options to be associated
with their themes, and cleanup options that are independant of theme
code.  For example add_option would automatically associate the option
with a particular theme, maybe by directory name.  Then after such a
theme no longer exists or is deactivated, WP presents an option to
"clean up theme options for theme X"