[theme-reviewers] Heavily Commented Javascript Files.

Michael Fields michael at mfields.org
Tue Jul 5 03:04:53 UTC 2011

I've been working on integrating some javascript functionality into my next public theme. Thing is, I've grown quite accustomed to documenting my code over the past year and this applies to javascript as well. The file in question is almost 200 lines long and I only see it grown. Fully documented, it could easily become 3-400 lines. I'm projecting about 50% of the code will be documentation when all is said and done.

I would like to include it into the theme much the same way that WordPress included js. Having a "dev" version and a "live" version. The live version would contain the same functional code minus excess whitespace and comments. I would not use any compression or package application to obfuscate the code.

Just wondering if this is something that would pass theme review. I know questions like this have been asked before, but I honestly can not remember the outcome.

Here's the script:
https://github.com/mfields/nighthawk/blob/master/dropdowns.js

Best wishes,
-Mike