[theme-reviewers] Child themes discussion

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Thu Jan 20 20:01:23 UTC 2011

These are the guidelines we're currently discussing

1) Child themes names (should/must) be the theme name of the parent - child
theme name   example:   suffusion-taskmaster   easel-wildcard
twentyten-onehundredkillers
AND/OR/WITH)  The uploader should be modified some how to prefix the tickets
with child-  (and check for parents existance)
2) Description must clearely state that it's a child theme.
3) template:  <parentname>  must clearely be defined
4) Parent must be an already approved theme per the current guidelines of
the revision of wordpress that is released
5) applicable screenshot.png as per normal guidelines
6) (if) a functions.php exists, it must be compatible with the latest
version of the parent theme
7) (if) parent theme is updated, all child themes must be updated within a
reasonable amount of time to fit with the current parent if applicable ?
8) child themes must have license information in them as well, since they
are different distribution then parent
9) must pass - theme unit review with parent