[theme-reviewers] Child themes discussion
Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
philip at frumph.net
Thu Jan 20 20:01:23 UTC 2011
These are the guidelines we're currently discussing
1) Child themes names (should/must) be the theme name of the parent - child
theme name example: suffusion-taskmaster easel-wildcard
AND/OR/WITH) The uploader should be modified some how to prefix the tickets
with child- (and check for parents existance)
2) Description must clearely state that it's a child theme.
3) template: <parentname> must clearely be defined
4) Parent must be an already approved theme per the current guidelines of
the revision of wordpress that is released
5) applicable screenshot.png as per normal guidelines
6) (if) a functions.php exists, it must be compatible with the latest
version of the parent theme
7) (if) parent theme is updated, all child themes must be updated within a
reasonable amount of time to fit with the current parent if applicable ?
8) child themes must have license information in them as well, since they
are different distribution then parent
9) must pass - theme unit review with parent
----- Original Message -----
From: "Otto" <otto at ottodestruct.com>
To: <theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:30 AM
Subject: [theme-reviewers] Child themes discussion
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Edward Caissie
> <edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just recapping the above discussion for my own clarification ...
>> Child-Themes are an eventuality, the time-line is the only real unknown
>> this point.
> Step 1: Preview support for child themes - Done.
> Step 2: Some kind of indicator in the directory that they are child
> themes. Maybe a big link to the parent theme.
> Step 3-X: ?? Suggestions ??
> theme-reviewers mailing list
> theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org
More information about the theme-reviewers