[theme-reviewers] Child themes discussion

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:00:13 UTC 2011

> Step 2: Some kind of indicator in the directory that they are child
> themes. Maybe a big link to the parent theme.

How about a link that says "Download Parent Theme" just above/below the
"Download" link? Of course, this does present challenges for BuddyPress
themes because the parent is built into a plugin.

Just my 2c.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Edward Caissie
> <edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just recapping the above discussion for my own clarification ...
> >
> > Child-Themes are an eventuality, the time-line is the only real unknown
> at
> > this point.
>
> Step 1: Preview support for child themes - Done.
>
> Step 2: Some kind of indicator in the directory that they are child
> themes. Maybe a big link to the parent theme.
>
> Step 3-X: ?? Suggestions ??
>
> -Otto

Sayontan Sinha
http://mynethome.net | http://mynethome.net/blog
--
Beating Australia in Cricket is like killing a celebrity. The death gets
more coverage than the crime.