[theme-reviewers] Theme Review Process

Amy Hendrix sabreuse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:36:47 UTC 2011

Hi Josh,

Theme Check inspects the code for required classes, deprecated
functions and so on. The Unit Test needs human eyes for whether things
display as they should - so they both need to be done, and keep in
mind that there are other things in the review process (like options
security, or testing that any add-on functionality actually works)
that can't possibly be covered by either of those.

On the other hand, if a ton of required stuff fails on the first pass,
you don't need to go through everything. In that case, DO indicate in
your review that yours is a preliminary review and other reviewers
will be checking for other things in future versions. Some devs take a
review as a checklist, and think that once everything that was
explicitly mentioned is fixed they're automatically done.

(And don't worry about not being a speed demon like Frumph. My first
couple of reviews took forever, and they get a whole lot faster as you
build your own routine.)

Good luck,
Amy