[theme-reviewers] Article on how to create a Theme Options Page for WordPress

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Jan 7 11:42:08 UTC 2011

Best practice (and most importantly, the *accepted* best practice with
respect to WordPress Themes) is to put all options in an array:

1) It protects your options from potential conflict (which is another point:
you didn't prefix your options names with "theme-slug")
2) It makes white-listing much easier
3) It makes manipulating options much easier
4) It makes removing options from the DB much easier
5) It makes reading the DB much easier

(I'm sure there are more.)

*Any* tutorials put out by the Theme Review Team should be consistent on
matters of guidelines and best practices. There are some conventions that I
don't personally like, either - but for the sake of standardization (and not
creating confusion), I put aside my personal preferences.

Chip