[theme-reviewers] Enhancement to the Theme Unit Test

michael at mfields.org michael at mfields.org
Sat Jan 1 17:17:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

Just wanted to share some of my ideas on how to improve the theme unit
test data. I've noticed a few inconsistencies and have an idea or two.
Please let me know your thoughts.

-Mike

1. Layout Test (comments section) I believe that the last three comments
are intended to be threaded however they do not nest in Twentyten or any
other theme I have tested. It might be a good idea to remove these
comments or at least the idea that they should appear as threaded.

2. Layout Test (page 3) There are inline styles used in the paragraph that
mentions the strinke, del and s tags. IMO it would be good to have the
actual markup for all three tags.

3. Layout Test (page 3) It appears to me that this page is to test global
styling. It might be a good idea to introduce form elements here? The
preview data in the theme directory shows forms and I believe that it
would be benefical to theme authors to see how their theme might look in
the directory. Perhaps it would be a good idea to merge the two html test
pages into one?

4. Image Test (floats with no caption) I think that it might be a good
idea to introduce a second set of tests where the image is floated and
includes a caption. This would help theme authors to easily see if there
is sufficient separation of body content and caption text.