[theme-reviewers] Minified CSS

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Feb 18 14:38:05 UTC 2011

We're talking about removing whitespace, not obfuscating (e.g.
base64-encoding) code. Removing whitespace is NOT "obfuscation". That
suggestion is ludicrous.

Let us be quite clear on what we're discussing here.

This is "WP CSS Coding Standard compliant" CSS:

#selector-1,
#selector-2,
#selector-3 {
    background: #fff;
    color: #000;
}

And this is the "minified" version of that same CSS:

#selector-1, #selector-2, #selector-3 { background: #fff; color: #000; }

Both are equally valid under the GPL. There is no GPL-compliance issue here,
period.

Chip