[theme-reviewers] Why the bias?

Satish Gandham satish.iitg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:15:03 UTC 2011

You can use this java script to make sure that images doesn't overflow the
content width.

    jQuery(window).load(function() {
        jQuery('div.entry img').each(function() {
            current_width = jQuery(this).width();
            current_resized_width=jQuery(this).attr('width');
            current_height = jQuery(this).height();
            content_width=jQuery('#content').width()-34;
            aspect_ratio = current_width/current_height;
            if(current_width >
content_width&&current_resized_width>content_width) {
                jQuery(this).removeAttr('width');
            jQuery(this).removeAttr('height');

                new_height = content_width/aspect_ratio;
                jQuery(this).width(content_width+'px');
                jQuery(this).height(new_height);
            }
        });
    });

    jQuery(window).load(function() {
        jQuery('div.wp-caption').each(function() {
            jQuery(this).removeAttr('width');
            current_width = jQuery(this).width();
            current_height = jQuery(this).height();

            content_width=jQuery('#content').width()-34;
            aspect_ratio = current_width/current_height;
            if(current_width > content_width+12) {
                new_height = (content_width+12)/aspect_ratio;
                jQuery(this).width(content_width+12+'px');
            }
        });
    });

Now if we can stop discussion on $content_width, and get back to my
question.

*I'm not sure i'm understanding why you're having a 3 week waiting time,
don't you have an already approved status on it?*

My theme never got place in previously approved themes queue, all my updates
go to previously reviewed themes.

*As long it's just like 1 or 2 minor things such as that.   That way the
author gets their theme on the repo and fixes the code utilized on the next
update and knows about it.
*

*I'm sure you'll agree that - this method of thinking will help things out
quite a bit without rejecting for just a single little thing.   Which of
course is all dependent on the reviewer doing the review if they wish to do
it or not.*

I agree, but I'm trying to find out why I don't get such exceptions.

*If you see my last ticket,*

It was rejected for some simple issues on the backed, and for a word
overflowing , a 33 letter word over flowing.
Who is gonna use a 33 letter word?

While I appreciate the reviewer taking such time to do a through review of
the theme and posting the screen shots.
It's clear that, the review was soo deep, just to find reasons to reject the
theme.
https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2982#comment:2

Here is the screen shot of platform theme, on a new installation of
WordPress after importing the test data.

http://d.pr/hyYJ

1.It uses pagelines logo in the header, while it should show the blog name
and blog title.
2.Text on default installation is unreadable.
3. Screenshot is not close to the default installation..

I checked the previous tickets on the theme, there was never a mention of
the screenshot, and on my theme I was repeatedly asked to change the
screenshot.

Are you still going to say that there is no bias?