[theme-reviewers] Why the bias?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Mon Feb 14 22:40:03 UTC 2011

I'm not sure i'm understanding why you're having a 3 week waiting time, don't you have an already approved status on it?  those themes that have been through the system already get priority over others.

add_theme_page() - read this: http://make.wordpress.org/themes/2011/01/05/discussion-on-menu-locations-for-theme-options/   On the make/themes site you can give your thoughts to any of the subject material that comes up for guidelines and be involved in the decision making process

As for the ticket #2927 we've changed our stance with authors including yourself that if something isn't completely 'breaking' that we approve the theme on the repository with the notice that they fix it on the next update.   As long it's just like 1 or 2 minor things such as that.   That way the author gets their theme on the repo and fixes the code utilized on the next update and knows about it.

I'm sure you'll agree that - this method of thinking will help things out quite a bit without rejecting for just a single little thing.   Which of course is all dependant on the reviewer doing the review if they wish to do it or not.

-------
The featured themes is a different subject altogether.

We have a meeting once a month to go over things, we spend about 10 minutes right now roughly to determine if featured themes switch out, one for another.    It's not that you havent been chosen on purpose it's more then likely your theme just hasn't come up as one that someone recommended to be put on the featured list.   If you attend these meetings on the IRC you can request your theme to be added to the featured theme as well as include your thoughts on any of the other things we discuss, getting involved.

Since we're new to adding/changing the featured themes we're doing what we can to keep it rotating to a certain degree.   As you know it wasn't being changed out very often before this so even now it's already better since we're able to do changes once a month to the featured list.

I'm not sure where you get this: "Still, My theme doesn't qualify to be on the featured list."    Every theme that passes the theme review process qualifies for the featured list.