[theme-reviewers] Number of Theme Downloads

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Aug 10 00:09:21 UTC 2011

You can use the XML thing mentioned earlier. Although honestly, we'd
prefer it if you didn't.

The "stats" information wordpress.org collects is not necessarily
accurate or valid, and there's many things that can throw it off. It's
pretend data, not rigorously collected data. It's there to be pretty
and to show relationships between differing components. It's not meant
to be any sort of accurate counter and the methodology is not
necessarily robust.

We do not have any sort of robust stats system for this, nor is there
a plan to implement one.

-Otto