[theme-reviewers] THEME: Auto Show - 1.0.6

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Apr 11 15:38:10 UTC 2011

I'd say both AuthorURI *and* ThemeURI are invalid. AuthorURI is an auto
dealer site, and ThemeURI is simply a resource on that same site, with
essentially nothing but a screenshot of the Theme.

This Theme also needs to address appropriate backwards compatibility (e.g.
function_exists() calls around dynamic_sidebar(), etc.).

Function, class, option etc. names are not properly prefixed.

Theme is dealing with raw $_POST data, without sanitizing.

Theme uses unique DB entries for each option, rather than using a single
options array.

Theme is running raw DB queries, rather than using analogous core functions
(see e.g. function get_page_id() )

Theme deregisters core jquery globally, and not just for if ( ! is_admin()
).

Theme uses "home.php" for the Front Page template, rather than using
"front-page.php". (This will cause problems for users who use a static Page
as the Front Page, and display the blog posts index on a separate Page.)

...just a few observations from a quick scan of the Theme.

Chip