[theme-reviewers] What is wrong with you people? You rejectedTarski?

Demetris Kikizas kikizas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 19:59:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm probably going to regret this, but...

You probably should.  Calling someone you don’t know a **** is not a
nice thing to do.  But I don’t mind personally.  Words are cheap.

>> You want respect?  Earn it!
>
> Demetris:
> What, precisely, do you intend to accomplish with statements such as
> this? Why are basic respect and decency something that people such as
> yourself demand people "earn", instead of something accorded to people
> as a base component of social interactions?

I did not disrespect anyone at a basic human level.  I said that the
people of this team are clueless.  Is there some written or unwritten
law that says we should not say to clueless people they are clueless
out of respect for their fundamental humanity or decency?  Since when
is everyone an expert on everything?

The people of this team put together a mindless list of empty, formal
criteria of “quality” and they seem to think that, with that list in
hand, they are in a position to judge the quality of a theme that
helped define what a good theme is and what a good theme project is.

This concept is absurd.  Utterly absurd.  Anyone that sees any sense
in it is clueless.

As for respect, which you are chastising me about and which Mr. Chip
Bennett demands for his theme-reviewing expertise, where is the
respect due to Ben Eastaugh?

Where is the respect due to Ben Eastaugh’s time?  Does anyone in this
team have any idea what it means to be offering support (and free
support, mind you) for a theme as popular as Tarski?  Is what Ben
Eastaugh has already done for WordPress not enough, and we want to
force him to eliminate a debug notice[1] or to adopt the
comment_form() function[2] that came out just two months ago, in order
to accept his theme in the official repo?

Where, finally, is the respect for Tarski’s users in all that?

> I understand that your initial message to the list may well have been
> a bit of a sarcastic/venting sort of affair, but to be frank, venting
> in a public forum is a very poor way to convince others of the
> rectitude of your line of argumentation.

I was not venting and I was not sarcastic either.  I believe that this
group proves by its actions and by its ideas that it is simply not fit
for the task they have taken upon themselves.  It should be disbanded
because it harms WordPress.  I wish this happens sooner than later.

> In short, please familiarize yourself with Wheaton's Law. The rest of
> us would do well to contemplate John Gabriel's Greater Internet
> #@$%-wad Theory.

See my first paragraph.

[1] If you think I say this because I don’t appreciate WP_DEBUG and
the work that has gone into it, see my comments on it here:
http://op111.net/76
[2] If you think I say this because I don’t appreciate comment_form()
and the work that has gone into it, see my comments on the main ticket
for it: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10910 -- and also my
comments here: http://op111.net/76

Demetris
http://op111.net/code/wp-xo ‹ The best WordPress plugin in the Galaxy