[theme-reviewers] Theme Uploader and CSS Classes

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Sep 24 20:04:55 UTC 2010

on 24/09/2010 20:48 Chip Bennett said the following:
> They work just fine when included in @import-ed CSS files. In fact, that's
> how I've been using them. :)

Last time I tried (using @import in style.css), the uploader spat the
theme back out. So I use a fallback of deliberately including the
relevant classes inside a comment block in style.css. Not a pretty
workaround but one that seems to do the job.

I do agree that the uploader should be able to parse any & all .css
files (especially if these files are in the theme's root folder) if at
all possible. It might be 1 step closer to being able to deal with child
themes.

And anything that means the uploader doesn't drip-feed load/parse errors
gets my vote.

Did someone mention a Tech Ninja? ;-)

esmi
--