[theme-reviewers] What is wrong with you people?YourejectedTarski?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Fri Sep 24 09:47:54 UTC 2010

Going to reiterate.

I am not doing theme reviews right now, several reasons.   The core team requesting we allow crap onto the repository is ridiculous.   The amount of time to spend reviewing a theme went from 15 minutes to an hour to differ between what is acceptable and what is not.

There are deprecated functions being used that were deprecated since 2.1, if you don't fail the themes for those then why deprecate those functions to begin with?  There has to be a limit.  I'm not going to sit and look and weigh every single one, its either an all or nothing, they fail or not.  Notices that give warnings that the wrong property object signify that the code is either not receiving the right property or value which then makes the functionality of the theme just not-work.   They display as 'notices'.    If you allow that sort of thing on the repository then you're opening up a can of worms.   It just isnt productive to the wordpress users to do so.   When those themes on the repository to be looked at, exampled and used for other developers themes the never-ending cycle of crap function usage will just continue.

@Nacin chastises every little thing for the core yet when it comes to tertiary products that attach themself to WordPress he's all "Let it pass".

When is the line going to be drawn to what is acceptable or not?  Everythings all "recommended this" "recommend that" there has to be a coding standard and it has to be 'up to date' with the current WordPress revision.