[theme-reviewers] Licensing Issues with Your Themes in the WordPress Theme Repository

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Sep 20 22:03:39 UTC 2010

I don't think we need to go there:

1) WordPress itself doesn't limit itself to GPLv2, AFAIK.

2) It doesn't matter, because the Themes aren't being distributed with
WordPress. It is only a repository requirement to which we're ensuring
conformance. That requirement stipulates merely "GPL-compatible".

I may speak only for myself here, but: I'm not going there. If a Theme is
licensed under GPL or a GPL-compatible license, it's good.

Chip