[theme-reviewers] Licensing issues

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Sep 17 12:39:50 UTC 2010

This is the primary reason why I check for license before anything else -
it's way too easy to overlook the myriad licensing issues. I always check
for:

1) style.css License and License URI headers
2) Presence (and content) of license.txt
3) footer credit/copyright links
4) functions.php, for anything hooked into the footer
5) PHP file headers (a sneaky place for "do not remove" type statements
6) HTML comment blocks (another such sneaky place)

Licensing and (egregiously) improper credit links are two "showstoppers" for
me. I will close a ticket without further review, for either one.

Chip