[theme-reviewers] Proposed Modifications to Guidelines

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Sep 13 16:26:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Edward Caissie
<edward.caissie at gmail.com>wrote:

> Items 1 through 3 are fine with me ... I've never been too much of a fan of
> item 3, but it's been long standing as a required item.
>
> Item 4 I am undecided on, recommended woould definitely be the "strongest"
> wording I would accept at this time; and, if it is to be recommended (and
> perhaps this should apply to all recommended items) sample code (as a
> suggested best-practice method?) to accomplish the recommendation should be
> available directly from the Theme Review page if not on the page itself.
>
> In fact, I have dropped #3 ("comments are closed" message not displayed on
Pages) down to "recommended" in my own reviews.

Re: #4 (separating track/pingbacks from comments) I agree completely. It
should in no way ever be considered as *required*, but I'm proposing it as
*recommended*, as it is very good practice (at least IMHO), and core
provides very easy methods to do so.