[theme-reviewers] Emergency Call

Kenneth Newman ken.adcstudio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 16:47:35 UTC 2010

On the question of "fopen", "base64_decode" and other troublesome functions.

WordPress.org can say openly, something like:

"Certain functions and patterns, although rarely, but occasionally useful
can not be used in Themes submitted to Extend. The reason is that it allows
us to scan for malware and keep our repository safer. You can still use
these functions if you must, but then we can not host your theme."

Then Otto and the guys could write good filters to disallow dangerous
scripts without worrying about legitimate code.