[theme-reviewers] Themes With Customizable Logos

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Sep 2 15:56:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.com>wrote:

> I agree with Phil on this given the example below ... and with never
> supporting the Customer Header Image function as required, too.
>
> My concern (without looking at the theme), does the logo act as an
> advertisement for the theme author? It starts to get really grey if it does

No. The default logo is just the Theme Name (Food Recipe), which is a
semantically accurate default logo for the intended use. I'm not seeing it
as a problem.

> Cais.
>
> PS: As one of my themes has three major CSS based image areas in the
> header, until Custom Header Image (or whatever its called) supports multiple
> instances in the header via core it will remain as recommended IMO. EAC.

I would say that your Theme isn't *intended* for the header image to be
*customizable*. Key difference.

I don't think we're looking at making support a requirement (for many good
reasons).

The question is: is this Theme implementing customizable header image
functionality, which, according to the guidelines, *should* be implemented
in a way that supports the core feature.

The way I'm looking at it, I really think it does. And would be dead-simple
to implement.