[theme-reviewers] Category templates not allowed? Notacceptable.

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Sep 1 16:37:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net>
> wrote:
> > If the Theme developer had adhered to the Review Guidelines, and provided
> > appropriate documentation to begin with, the reviewer wouldn't *have* to
> > ask.
>
> You mean the guidelines that changed in the week since I was waiting
> for the update to be reviewed? Or the guidelines that didn't get
> mentioned in the original review of the theme?
>
> Again, not berating anybody, just pointing out that throwing this back
> all on the theme author is also not a good way to have a discussion.
>
> That Theme Documentation section has *not* changed. Almost everything that
*has* changed has been a clarification or expounding upon an existing
criterion (or even downgrading some things from *required* to
*recommended*).

The Theme Review Codex page is linked on the Theme Upload page on
wordpress.org/extend/themes/upload - so **every Theme developer who uploads
a Theme** is aware of its existence, and therefore, the existence of the
Guidelines.

We're also working on being a bit more consistent with some of the
"boilerplate" content we add to reviews.