[theme-reviewers] Theme Options and Functions

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Oct 20 16:00:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Or, are these better left to "best practices", and left out of the
> Guidelines?

Yeah. That. For any case you can come up with, somebody will be able
to come up with a reason to do it a different way.

Generally, the single options entry of a serialized array is best...
except when it's not. ;)

> On a related note: should we formalize the suggested function nomenclature
> (Theme slug as unique function-name prefix)?

Should be in a recommended, I'd say. Or best practice. Or whatever you
want to call it. But yeah, the theme-slug should be your prefix, and
everything that should be "unique" to the theme should be prefixed. Or
in a class-as-namespace structure.