[theme-reviewers] Functions.php Worm

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Oct 13 16:32:54 UTC 2010

Well, regardless, I do have a simple structure I've been working on to make
the theme checker more easily expandable. It uses a simple class based
mechanism to allow us to easily add theme checks in on-the-fly. I'll have
something soon to demonstrate and hopefully allow people to help me write
the checks for it.

It's *very* simple at the moment though. I'll give you a quick example of a
check I've written for it:

class Footer_Check implements themecheck {
protected $error = null;
function check( $php_files, $css_files, $other_files) {
if( strpos( $php_files['footer.php'], 'wp_footer' ) === false ) {
$error = "The footer.php file does not have a wp_footer() call in it. This
is required.";
return false;
}
return true;
}
function getError() { return $error; }
}
$themechecks[] = new Footer_Check;

That code adds the wp_footer check in and any incoming themes will then get
run through it. Adding new checks is as simple as creating one of those and
popping it in a new file in the right place. No limit on number of checks.
All errors found will be returned.