[theme-reviewers] Things to Consider for Theme Upload Checker

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 13:55:29 UTC 2010

Putting forward a *no* backward compatibility requirement is a bit much;
but, requiring submitted themes to support the current stable release
version of WordPress (if not clearly written it will be added to the
guidelines) is absolutely implied by inference of all the other guideline
items.

See this section of the Theme Review page:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Version_Specific_Changes

So, essentially, there is no real need to have backward compatibility
included with any theme submitted to the repository; and, if the upload
"theme-check" trips up on one of these deprecated functions, even if wrapped
in some sort of conditional statement; and, throws out errors (and
potentially "Fail" a submission), that will be at the Theme authors hands to
correct.

Cais.